Water contains no calories and is awesome for your well-being in different ways. The measure of water you require is reliant on body weight. For a grown-up, about 8 glasses of water that is 2-3 liters are necessary, in a mild atmosphere, with an inactive way of life. One who works out in sun requires amount more than the one sitting in an air-conditioning room and working. On a hot day, the water needs may be large than normal days. In case of heavy workouts and physical exercises, you need to be extra alert to maintain your hydration levels and avoid dehydration.
Drink more water
We lose water naturally in various ways: urine, sweat, defecation, and notwithstanding relaxing! Regardless of whether you are resting, water is being devoured by your body’s capacities.
Dress according to the climate
On the off chance that it’s a hot, sunny day, wear lighter clothes. Dress up for the summer season and heavy sun needs lightweight and light shaded apparel that covers your body and protects your skin from the sun. Try using sunscreen creams, umbrellas, summer hats and other preventive measures to avoid direct sunlight from causing sunburn, heat exhaustion etc.
Water intervals for sportsperson
For the person who indulges in heavy workouts and strenuous exercises need to take extra care regarding their water intake. Small intervals or water breaks are necessary for the person to maintain the hydration. Overexertion is also a common problem for athletes and sportsperson. Therefore, to eliminate the condition water intake after frequent intervals in mandatory.
Keep in mind the symptoms to avoid dehydration
- Increased thirst- Dehydration promotes increasing thirst, as body shows the shortage of water and need for fluid in the form of thirst.
- Fatigue- Shortage of water in the body leads to conditions like weakness, low energy levels, and fatigue. The feeling of burden or exertion are the primary signs of dehydration.
- Feeling sleepy- Alertness and attentiveness of a person hamper when fluids are less than the normal levels as per the body demand.
- Dryness of skin- Skin eliminates its moisture. Skin breaks out and rough skin is another sign of dehydration.
- Dizziness- Dehydration leads to the feeling of dizziness and confusion. A person feels the inability to do work efficiently and often feels low energy levels.
- Reduction in urine output- The excess of fluid loss may cause the reduction in urine output. The urine contents concentrate leading to kidney abnormalities if not treated.
- No tears- Dehydration may lead to fewer tears or no tears at all.
- Bad breath- Dehydration may lead to the reduction in an elimination of microbes which causes bad odor in the mouth.
- Sunken eyes- It’s another important sign of dehydration.
- Weakness- When our body is less in fluids, it feels fatigue and weakness as many electrolytes are lost with water.
Avoid over-burdening yourself
Some physical exercises or some overburdening workouts like weight loss regimens can lead to severe conditions like dehydration. These things can do a lot worse than being good for your health. The body gives certain signs which we need to understand like muscle cramps during physical exercises.
Avoid artificial drinks
Avoid drinks with the addition of extra sugars and flavors such as soft drinks, juices, and sodas because they can have crucial impacts on the health specifically teeth and hydration levels. Furthermore, try adding natural drinks to your diet to avoid dehydration and body getting a shot of fluids.
Rehydration therapies are beneficial in case you feel the excess loss of fluids in your body. It contains the ingredients like salt, sugar and other nutrients which help in maintaining the electrolyte and fluid balance of your body. The markets have many brands of oral rehydration drinks but try reading labels before choosing any.
Maintain proper diet
Food is helpful in maintaining proper hydration levels and maintaining regularities. Therefore, do not skip meals to stay hydrated and avoid dehydration. Add foods and fruits which are high in water content to replace the lost fluids in the body.