The most important substance for the development of the body is water, and therefore drinking water correctly is critical for children. Which is the best water with minerals to drinking? What distinguishes mineral water?
Water is the drink that the body needs most because it is essential for maintaining the health of the human body in all its systems. Your children learn a lot about the chemical composition of the water (two hydrogen ions and one oxygen molecule) and the water cycle in nature. Mineral Water for Kids is important to maintain a healthy lifespan, and encouragement to drink water is not sufficiently emphasized among the younger generation.
Why is mineral water the most recommended drink for children?
Mineral water is the ideal drink for adults and children and the most recommended liquid by all professionals – nutritionists, paediatricians, milk drop nurses, and dentists. Mineral water is not of caloric value, does not contain sugars, food coloring, and preservatives, and therefore prevents obesity and maintains healthy teeth.
What does regular water or mineral water contribute to normal health?
Just as we maintain a proper diet for normal development, it is also essential to keep the amount and quality of Mineral Water for Kids that the child drinks. The body loses water all the time, whether in sweating or breathing. To maintain our body, we need a regular supply of fluids throughout the day.
The importance of water drinking habits for children
Children are at a higher risk of dehydration because they produce more heat than adults and adapt to heat more slowly. Also, being unaware of signs of dehydration, they prefer not to drink enough water. When the child feels thirsty, he has already lost 2% of the amount of fluid in his body. Such a state of dehydration can lead to difficulty concentrating, headaches, and even a decrease in their cognitive and physical performance.
How to impart correct drinking water to children?
- When leaving the house, stock your children with a bottle of mineral water.
- Reduce the purchase of excessive and sweetened drinks at home and replace them with mineral water.
- Start and end the day by drinking water.
- Explain and teach your child how important water is to the health of our bodies.
- Parents can give a personal example to their children: If you drink water and no other drinks, the children will also drink water.
Recommended drink per day?
Despite a large number of variables, general guidelines regarding the recommended amount of water for daily drinking can be found based on the recommendations of the IOM Institute, the Institute of Medicine in the U.S. The institute’s recommendations are based on the average water consumption that has been shown in studies among children of different ages:
- 0-6 months – 0.7 litres per day.
- Seven months to 1 year – 0.8 litres per day.
- 1-3 years – 1.3 litres a day.
- 4-8 years – 1.7 litres a day.
- 9-13 years boys – 2.4 litres a day.
- 9-13 years girls – 2.1 litres a day.
- 14-18 years boys – 3.3 litres a day.
- 12-18 years girls – 2.3 litres a day.
Of course, this is only a preliminary recommendation for a minimum amount of water for daily consumption – and all of it is fine!